My fees are calculated on a time basis and are charged at £180 per hour with a minimum charge of £90. If the fees are likely to exceed £180 they will be agreed in advance with the client.
My work comprises:-
- Witnessing signatures to foreign documents e.g. powers of attorney, deeds relating to property transfers, and affidavits.
- Certifying copy educational qualifications and professional qualifications including authenticating the original documents produced to me.
- Certifying company documents as authentic and that the signatory is empowered by the company to sign the documents. This includes searching with the companies register.
- Verifying the identity of a signatory and producing a Certificate of life confirming that the signatory is alive.
My professional negligence policy covers me for £1 million.
- My notarial practice is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury The Faculty Office, 1 The Sanctuary Westminster London SW1P 3JT. Email: Faculty.email@example.com Website www.facultyoffice.org.uk.
- If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact me.
- If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
- In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to: The Secretary of The Notaries Society Old Church Chambers, 23 Sandhill Road St James Northampton. NN5 5LH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any difficulty in making a complaint in writing do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society/the Faculty Office for assistance.
- Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure or after a period of eight weeks from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman(whose contact details are set out below) if the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction :Legal Ombudsman Baskerville House, Centenary Square, Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2ND Tel : 0300 555 0333.
Email: email@example.com Website www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
I am Regulated through The Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury.